16 Digital Projects for K-5 Classrooms
This was a great session all about 16 different digital projects you could do in your K-5 classroom. I learned a lot of great ideas for simple digital projects.
- Famous Speech
- Text from a book
- Student written essays
- You can have students paste their paper in Wordle to see what words are used the most.
- You can also copy and paste text from a book to determine main idea.
Practice New Vocabulary Words
Social Skills Training
Foreign Language Practice
Strengthen Conflict Resolution Skills
Make Beliefs Comix – www.makebeliefscoix.com
Kerpoof – www.kerpoof.com
Aven’s Corner – avenscorner.com
5 Photo Frame Story
- Paper Slide
- Kid Pix
- Digital Camera
5 Frame Story Outline
- Establish characters and location - Title
- Create a situation with possibilities
- Involve the characters in the situation
- Build to probable outcomes
- Logical, but surprise ending
Six Word Memoir (Tell a story using only six words.)
- Photos set to music
- Students display work
- Discovery Education has several pictures you can use. You can also use music from FreePlay music and download samples onto the Student Drive for students to use in their presentations.
- Student profiles
- Student graphs
- Class website - have students create an avatar that represents them
- Classroom displays
- Digital storytelling
- Tools: Build Your Self Wild, Clay Yourself, Grabba Beast, Voki
- Student uses PhotoBooth to record reflection for teacher use only.
- End of unit
- End of book
- Formative assessment
Can be created with Garage Band, iPod Touch, Audacity
- 20 images, no text
- 20 seconds per slide to advance automatically
- Presenter speaks along to each slide
- Here's a little history behind 'Pecha Kucha'
Paper Slide Video
- Teach a concept
- Show comprehension
- Retell a story
- Free songs on Discovery Education
- Students can make a fake FB page for a person they are studying.
- There's a great blog article with 5 fake Facebook templates for student projects here
You can find all of the information on this presentation at www.livebinders.com
Search for "ebenno" under author and you can see her 7 public live binders. The LiveBinder for this presentation is entitled "Digital Resources for K-5 Teachers'
Elizabeth Benno – Digital Learning Coach
Puster elementary School, Lovejoy ISD